Mac System Scanner
Find a 100% guaranteed compatible upgrade.
Select your computer or motherboard model to find compatible SSD & DRAM upgrades.
Select your computer or motherboard
Run our scanner tool to find compatible SSD & DRAM upgrades.
I agree to the terms & conditions.
Q: What does the scan process look like?
A: Downloading and running the Crucial System Scanner is easy.
- First, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click the "download the scanner" button, and choose "Save File" when prompted.
- Save the file to your desktop, or anywhere you prefer.
- Navigate to this saved CrucialScan.exe file and open. If you get a security warning, click "Run" to allow the download.
- It will take several moments while your browser is updated with your scan results.
Q: Are there terms and conditions to using your scanner? If so, why?
A: Yes, there are terms and conditions associated with our scanner. They are put in place to protect our intellectual property. In short, you must agree to use the tool only to scan your computer.
Q: How do I know this isn’t spyware? Is it safe to run on my computer?
A: The scanner simply looks in your BIOS for information and then searches the Crucial.com Web site for compatible matches. If you are concerned about downloading this file, you can scan it with your antivirus software before you run it. Also, we cannot access any of your personal data through the scanner tool, so using it will not compromise any personal information stored on your system.
Q: How do I remove the scanner from my computer after I use it?
A: That's easy. Just delete the CrucialScan.exe file that you downloaded. The scanner does not install anything on your system when it is opened.