This firmware update addresses the following items:
- Improved stability, Efficiency, and Performance during power state transitions
- Improved handling of environments with unstable power supplies
- Improved handling of environments with SATA interface signal integrity issues
- Improved response time for SMART read commands
- Corrected error handling NCQ Trim Commands
- Corrected reporting of SMART Attribute 5
Firmware for the M550 (all form factors) is being updated from version MU01 to MU02. The M550 is updateable to this new firmware starting from previous versions using tools provided by Micron.
This update will be mandatory cut-in for new product built in Micron factories, and is an OPTIONAL update for any drive in the field. For end users, it is recommended if the user is experiencing or wishes to prevent an issue related to the following items.