Before you install a new 2.5-inch SSD in your laptop or notebook computer, you need a way to connect the drive to your system and copy everything onto it that’s currently on your hard drive. This is the cable that allows you to do that.
The cable's speedy USB 3.0 interface allows you to transfer data up to 10x faster than a USB 2.0 allows (5 Gb/s versus 480 Mb/s). Quickly clone your old drive, back up your data, and access large multimedia files. If you’re installing a 2.5-inch SSD into a laptop or notebook computer and you’ve never installed an SSD before, you’ll need this cable. Compatible with PC and Mac® systems.
- Easy to use – just plug and play
- Extremely lightweight and easy to carry
- Blue LED light indicates power and when data is being transferred
- Data transfer speeds up to 5 Gb/s on USB 3.0 supported systems and up to 480 Mb/s on USB 2.0 supported systems
- Compatible with 2.5-inch hard drives and SSDs (SATA I/II/III)
- Supports Windows® XP/Vista/7/10 at USB 3.0 speeds
- Supports Windows 2000 or newer, and Mac/Linux systems at USB 2.0 speeds
- Cable could be black or white.